Saturday, December 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to me

Today I am 32. Yep, 3-2. I worked at the scrapbook store today and then went to dinner with my parents to a local Japanese restaurant. Got a few birthday wishes from some friends and my two brothers, which was nice because it's nice to know that I'm not completely forgotten. LOL. Oh, and my ex text messaged me too. He emailed this past week to ask what happened to the scrapbook store near his old apt (a place I used to love to frequent) as he drove by there the previous night and it wasn't there and the phone number was disconnected. Ya see, the last two years he has sent me a $50 gift certificate to the store. How nice was that? How come he never thought about during the time we were actually together? Anyhow, the store (Scrapbook Dreams) recently closed their doors on November 18th. So sad. Rumor has it, the two co-owners were arguing to the point that they no longer talked to each other. It was a rather shocking to receive an email about them closing but I do wish the ladies the best even though I'll miss shopping there. I was on their VIP list. Heehee! They always had the latest and greatest stuff...stuff that Monica didn't have or didn't get in till much later. I am surprised that they didn't put the business up for sale as I think someone would have bought it from them since they had a pretty big customer base. But times are changing and maybe they were not getting in as many customers as before. I know my visits there had dropped dramatically over the past few years, simply because I have way too much stuff. But yet I still add to it, somehow. LOL. Anyhow, now my poor ex is at a loss as to what to get me...even though he really doesn't have to...but I think he's feeling guilty about all those times I gave him nice gifts and he..well, we won't go there. So I told him I had my eyes on the Nikon d80 at Costco. LOL. He thinks that Santa is rather rich in my country...um...aren't we living in the same country or did he get sent back to the UK? I guess he thought I wanted him to buy it for me. LOL. It would be a nice thought but something I would not expect out of him...he's not exactly a Santa...somewhat of a Scrooge. I told him that no, Santa wasn't rich at all...but now that I don't have spend my money on a "significant other" I can definitely splurge on me. So I guess there are benefits being single? Though it is nice to be with someone too. It's been on my mind the last few days and I think what I need to do is really put more effort into improving myself and making myself better. So hopefully next year when I turn 33, I'll be improved...can't say that I'll be new...but we'll see. So here's to a new year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So glad you had a good birthday...and you are such a sweet gal you deserve all the happiness!!!

Juls said...

How did I not know when your birthday is? I'm a bad friend. I hope it was a truly happy, wonderful birthday. You deserve nothing but the best.

I totally want the D80 as well. Yes, I bought the D70 this year but I'm drooling for the D80, and awesome that they have it at Costco. Now, I know what I'm saving for next.

Again, hope your birthday was happy happy happy!!