Monday, March 13, 2006

Phone conversations with Emilie

Not sure what to talk about in my blog today so I'll share with you a recent conversation with my three year old goddaughter shortly after the birth of her sister. Such the conversationalist she is.

J: HI Emilie!
E: HI Auntie Jean! (Then comes the blah blah blah part that I can never seem to understand...kid babble?)
More blah blah blah...kid can talk endlessly... with some coherent sentences in between...
J: So what's your sister's name? (Finally I get in sentence!)
E: Chlowee Alwyssa. (The "l"'s are starting to come in... it used to so funny when I asked her what her name was and she would say "Emi-wee" And I would say "Emi-wee?" And she would so "No, Emi-wee!"...so darn cute...she thinks she's saying it with the l!)
E: So when are you coming to my house? When you come to my house, we can go to Chuck E. Cheese! Ok? Bye!

And she manages to give the phone back to her mom without hanging up on me....which she is known for doing... So much for asking how she likes being a big sister but hey, at least she didn't hang up on me!

2 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous conversation. Gotta love talking with 3 year olds on the phone. DD usually just smiles as if she can be seen. And Chloe is awfully cute too.

Rachel said...

Gotta love kids!!!