Monday, December 03, 2007
Sad but grateful
I meant to post this a while back. Around Thanksgiving week, my brother and SIL found out that there is something wrong with my new niece/nephew's heart. The heart is not in the right place, it has a single ventricle and all the arteries and veins are messed up. Plus it has no spleen. If it were to survive the pregnancy, it would end up having major surgeries after it's born and be on the list for a new heart (maybe several?). So my brother Frank and my sister in law had to make a really tough decision...to keep the baby or to give it up. They have chosen to give it up...and honestly, I would have done the same thing if I were in their shoes...as hard as it may be. To me, hospital life is just not a life for a child, nor is waiting for a new heart. I am just grateful for the technology that we have now that detects problems so that we are able to make the right decisions for ourselves and our futures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment