Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Meeting Rachel

This Sunday I got to meet Rachel from Wisconsin. She and I have been chatting via email for a couple years but have never met in person until now. We met through a circle journal group. Anyhow, I drove to Scotts Valley to pick her and her friend Kelli up and took them Scrapbook U, Joann's, and Scrapbook Island. We had lunch at Claim Jumpers, which was yum! I think Rachel and Kelli loved Scrapbook U... They got quite a few goodies there. Damage was done at Joann's too since a lot of the stuff there was 40% off. Plus I remembered to print 40% off coupons for everyone too. I'll insert photos soon...once I find the USB cable to my camera! Click on Rachel to see more photos too. I hope Rachel enjoys her trip out here and that she'll come to visit more often. There's a few other places I would like to take her to and a few other yummy places to check out. So....Rachel, how do like them artichokes? Hehe!

Another thing I haven't done in a long time was drive Highway 17. Somehow Sundays now have quite a bit of traffic now. I don't remember all that traffic on Sundays! After college, I went back a few times but once all my friends and roomies graduated, I haven't been back to visit. I'm now kickin myself for not going to Taqueria Vallarta after dropping Rachel and Kelli off in Scotts Valley. I would brought them with me but I think they might have still been full from lunch and Kelli needed to get back to check on her hubby since he was just getting better. Anyways, Taqueria Vallarta was the place to go for a good burrito and melon drink if you're ever in the Santa Cruz area. Oh and Pink Godzilla for sushi. Yum!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had a great time and it was awesome seeing you!! Thanks for taking us shopping and out to lunch...yum!!

Yes I did enjoy that artichoke..I am going to look for some here!!