This weekend Donna Downey was in town to teach at Young Play Memories scrapbook store. I was able to take Saturday off so Leilani and I signed up for two of her classes. This was the first time I've been to this scrapbook store and man, was it huge! The classroom was upstairs and can hold up to a 100 ladies! Imagine that! They had a decent selection of stuff to choose from so Leilani and I didn't exactly go home empty handed. We tried to be good and mainly just got stuff that Monica doesn't carry at Scrapbook U. I think I was just overwhelmed by the sheer size of the store. It even had a coffee area near the front. Not sure how that part worked since we didn't see anybody sit down for coffee. Heehee. Anyhow, I'd post my projects but one of them was a book binding one and that did not get completed. I was missing the chipboard for my covers so I had to wait for them to cut it and then to punch holes took me a while... my Japanese screw punch definitely got a work out during that class. The other projects just need a few of the inside pages done. They didn't have enough eyelets to attach these tabby things so I need to look for my huge eyelet stash. No biggie. Anyhow, here's a group shot of Michelle Rout, Veronica Leggett, Leilani Karellas, Donna and me (with no makeup...blah!). Donna thought Leilani and I were sisters and couldn't get over our height.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Donna Downey
This weekend Donna Downey was in town to teach at Young Play Memories scrapbook store. I was able to take Saturday off so Leilani and I signed up for two of her classes. This was the first time I've been to this scrapbook store and man, was it huge! The classroom was upstairs and can hold up to a 100 ladies! Imagine that! They had a decent selection of stuff to choose from so Leilani and I didn't exactly go home empty handed. We tried to be good and mainly just got stuff that Monica doesn't carry at Scrapbook U. I think I was just overwhelmed by the sheer size of the store. It even had a coffee area near the front. Not sure how that part worked since we didn't see anybody sit down for coffee. Heehee. Anyhow, I'd post my projects but one of them was a book binding one and that did not get completed. I was missing the chipboard for my covers so I had to wait for them to cut it and then to punch holes took me a while... my Japanese screw punch definitely got a work out during that class. The other projects just need a few of the inside pages done. They didn't have enough eyelets to attach these tabby things so I need to look for my huge eyelet stash. No biggie. Anyhow, here's a group shot of Michelle Rout, Veronica Leggett, Leilani Karellas, Donna and me (with no makeup...blah!). Donna thought Leilani and I were sisters and couldn't get over our height.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, look how cute all of you are!
hugz,
Christine
Post a Comment